In our society, reclaiming our self value can be a long journey. Some cultures and families fully support their children and each other in a way that bolsters self esteem, self worth, self love and self value but many don’t at all.
With how our world has been run by the dark elite for so long, institutions, governments, and religions, were designed to keep people down, feeling devalued and lacking so they could be controlled. So this has been pervasive in our world.
I grew up with two critical parents, school mates that rejected me and devalued me, and that became my norm. In my lifelong quest to heal asthma, I realized how much of the time I held my breath so as not to wheeze, and tried to be as small as possible, take up as little room as I could, so as not to attract any more negative attention. When I did attempt to shine my light it was deemed too bright, so I kept that hidden as well.
My healing process has taken a long time and I’m so grateful for the various healers who helped me and the many techniques I learned to assist myself. This journey to self love and self valuing isn’t an easy quest, but oh so worth it.
The truth of who we are is divine co-creators with Spirit/source. Anything less than that is a lie. We were meant to shine bright and shine BIG! Love is who we are and to keep that covered not only hurts the world but it also hurts ourselves.
The time of the planet is one where we are all being called to reclaim this divinity, this light, this love and fill ourselves up, letting it seep out to the world. Imagine a world with all of us shining bright! Then together we can create a planet of peace, abundance, joy, wholeness.
You are a very valuable part of this creation. I honor you. Shine on dear one, shine on!!!!!
I just finished 26 weeks on my journey! No matter how many times I have the realization that I’m being guided, somehow it always seems to just sneak up on me and I go “oh yeah!”
I was in Tucson, AZ for about 9 weeks, thinking that my time would be busy re-uniting with some old friends, making a few new ones, seeing clients again, basically being more involved than I’d been during my Scottsdale, AZ time (was cleansing and purging through most of it, a very challenging time in most ways). Instead, old friends didn’t return my call or if I did get together with them, it only lasted a couple times and they, too, disappeared. I went on hikes 23 times, mostly alone and was often the only one on the trail. I gave one client massage and one client hypnotherapy session and otherwise, only did physical healing work in exchange for my place to stay and the ongoing healing work I do for the planet.
I spent most of my time alone, either with the hikes, reading, walking, being on the computer or doing spiritual work. I did make a few friends and got together with others some, but mostly it was a very quiet, alone time. When it was happening, I felt frustrated some days, wishing it would be different.
Then, while stopping in Ahwatukee, to get some work from a long time chiropractor, I realized how different I’d become since my Tucson sojourn. While in Scottsdale and getting therapy, I felt battered and bruised by many of the circumstances during my stay there, and on Tuesday, I witnessed how my confidence and self esteem had returned, I felt light, peaceful, relaxed and much more empowered. I then was able to see that my time in Tucson had been perfect, guided, exactly what I needed to release the trauma of the Scottsdale time and prepare for what is to come during my journey now.
And once again, I feel cradled in the arms of creation; watched over by Spirit’s love; and completely directed by my soul’s wisdom.
I really resonated with this article so wanted to share it with you. Hope you find it helpful, too.
I just saw this wonderful documentary last night and it was exactly what I needed to see. It was a new moon yesterday and I was all stirred up; a cocktail of trust, empowerment, fear, anger and frustration. I had taken all of that into the most powerful New Moon ceremony I’ve ever had and commanded forth what I truly desire for myself and humanity.
Then I walked in to view this amazing story of a man who had a gift that wasn’t truly recognized in his home country. He did find some interest from New Zealand and Australia, but mostly he just lived a blue collar financially struggling life as a hard laborer. Then, he found out that he had a huge fan base in South Africa, that he had inspired many and was able finally to step into that recognition and honor that he so deserved, and in a way, he was welcomed home.
I feel that all of us are searching for the place of home, ready to be seen for who we truly are, and honored for that by family and friends if not more people, not out of ego but out of a sense of needing to be seen for the light we bring to the world.
Whether we are artists, musicians, a Mom, a Dad, a sister, a brother, a CEO, a laborer, or whatever, we all have special gifts to share with others. It might be our smile, our patience, our ability to listen, etc.
When I do past life regression with people, when they are viewing a lifetime, I ask them to see what their gifts and talents were in that lifetime. It might be that they were kind, knew how to bake, knew about herbs, loved their family, not just things like playing an instrument, being a leader…..And I remind them of all these gifts before I bring them back into conception into this body and life.
What are the gifts you share with others and bring to the world? Please take a moment to meditate on this and make a list. You can look at this list when you forget how wonderful you are and how much you bring to this planet. Like Sixto Rodriguez discovers, often we are influencing people and touching their lies in ways we can’t even imagine
Thanks for being you! And…go see this film!!!
Love to you, Katelon
PS..my ceremony already grew fruits and today I had an amazing harvest. So can you!
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about love…loving myself, loving others, loving the world, loving what IS right now…on and on. I’ve been out of a relationship a long time, healing myself so that I could finally have a healthy, supportive relationship, SO that I could finally BE that healthy person in a loving relationship. I’ve been focused on this healing not just for a romantic partner relationship, but also for a loving family relationship, my work, and my true purpose this lifetime and for the world.
I’ve come to believe that this is the ONLY true work of our lifetime…learning to love ourselves, relaxing enough to let go of all the “stuff” that we erroneously believe about ourselves that we’ve carried forth from other lifetimes, been programmed with from childhood and society, this belief that we are separate from our divinity. If there is an original sin, I believe this is the apple we ate…this belief that we are anything other than divine and perfect.
I went to an NLP meet up yesterday and the guest speaker was Jack Elias, a local hypnotherapist/NLP master and teacher. He did some funny impersonations of how we catch a negative thought, latch onto it, and then use it to beat ourselves up with it. He pointed out how it is Nazi thinking in how what we do to ourselves is so horrific.
I have seen this in my son, my family, my friends, my clients, and myself. It affects our physical health, our relationships, our finances, and how we treat others as well. That is why I have written so much about healing ourselves and coming to peace within us, how that then creates a positive affect on the world and helps contribute to a more peaceful, loving world.
I’m sure you have experienced walking into a room where people have been angry or arguing with another. The negative energy is palpable. Since those emotions create chemical reactions in our body, you can understand how this affects our physical well-being. Masaru Emoto has demonstrated this with his water experiments, how thoughts change the form of the water crystals. Since a large percentage of our body is water, these negative thoughts directly affect our body. And like attracts like, so the more we focus on these negative thoughts and emotions, it seems like more show up to join the dance.
Here are a few techniques you can use to assist you in more deeply loving yourself and clearing the negative self-talk:
1. Yesterday, Jack Elias suggested you could just dance with it. Low self-esteem? Dance the low self-esteem dance…. dance free form, or waltz, or whatever, as you announce here you are feeling low self-esteem…. or whatever thought/feeling is up for you. Pay attention to what else shows up. Old memories that hold that emotion or belief for you, other beliefs that have supported that emotion, …whatever it is, just be inquisitive. This is an opportunity for healing and for releasing these negative emotions in a playful way.
2. Louise Hays suggests using affirmations and mirror work. I feel that affirmations can be powerful, if you pay attention to the “yeah buts” that often show up as you are saying the affirmations. Your conscious mind will be stating the affirmation “I deeply love myself” and your subconscious might spit up “oh yeah, that’s a crock of #! *+!”, or stuff you heard from your Mom, Dad, school mates….So pay attention to those, thank them for showing up, love them, too, and keep going. For mirror work, you can look into a mirror and state “I love you” “I appreciate you”, you can bow and say “Namaste” the God within me recognizes the God within you. You can use whatever phrases you need to hear. Your childhood is over, your past lives are over, (although really, the only time is now…. smile) so NOW is the time to be the loving parent to that wounded you and tell yourself all those things you needed to hear, are still needing to hear, and allow yourself to move to that place of owning self-love.
3. EFT, emotional freedom technique, is a great tool for shifting the negative self-talk and getting to more self-love. There are places you tap on acupuncture meridian points that physically free up energy that has been held stuck there due to trauma, stress and holding patterns. EFT starts with a set up phrase that accepts and loves where you are right now….”Even though I am beating myself up right now, I deeply and completely love and accept myself” and you can add…”And I am willing to be open to learning to love myself now”. That phrase is done while taking the little finger side of one hand and using a “karate chop” motion on the little finger side of the other hand. You state it three times. Then you move on to the various acupuncture points on your body and head, tapping and stating what seems to be real right now….”beating myself up, feeling like crap, no one loves me, I don’t even love me”, just allowing yourself to be with what you are feeling and thinking right now and then you can move to more positive statements “well, there is that one friend that loves me, sometimes I love myself, what would it be like if I could really love myself?, I like that feeling, “…on and on, until you feel a shift. Then breathe deeply. Other thoughts, emotions and beliefs might come up and then you can tap on them.
4. David Spangler talked of a wonderful practice of bringing “you” out to sit in front of you. Then think of something or someone you feel love and appreciation for and fill yourself up with that. Then you can pour that love and appreciation into that “you” in front of you, until that “you” is filled up and overflowing. Then you can bring that “you” back into your body and feel the difference. This is a very gentle practice and very powerful.
5. You can sit in what is called a whole brain posture, a variation of the “cook’s hook up” energy medicine posture. You cross your right ankle over your left, sitting or laying down, and then cross your left wrist over your right wrist, turn your hands so they face each other and clasp your hands together. You can start with a release statement, thinking to yourself whatever negative emotion is running for you at the moment, “I’m now releasing all worry, fear and self-judgment”. Keep saying it to yourself as you breathe and hold this posture. Then when it feels like you are finished, unclasp your hands and uncross your ankles. Place your fingertips together like you are holding a ball, and breathe. This brings both hemispheres of the brain together to support this belief and release the negative. You can then do the exercise again and use a positive statement ” I now deeply appreciate myself just as I am”, same posture, and same two steps. Psych-K and other energy techniques use this hold.
If you want more information about any of these techniques, there is more information about these people and techniques on the Internet. I have simply been paraphrasing their techniques. Also, I have several meditations and techniques on my website for free. If you have any questions or would like some help, I would love to assist you in clearing anything limiting you from truly seeing what a beautiful and blessed being you are and all that you bring to the world. This has been my work for over 30 years and I am trained in and have studied many therapies and techniques. It is an honor to serve you in this way.
Let’s fill up this world with love, person by person until we have claimed the truth of heaven on earth!
Katelon T. Jeffereys
Photo by Nancy Merryl